[projectaon] Re: Book Skin Doodle + Misc

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:51:55 -0700

On 5/19/06, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jonathan Blake wrote:
> I know you're going to think "Why isn't he working on Deathlord?", but
> if you can't have fun and follow up on an idea, why volunteer for
> Project Aon?

Hey, why aren't you . . . :-p

Just a little diversion. My nose will be back on the grindstone momentarily.

> http://www.projectaon.org/staff/jonathan/aon-branded-books/
>
> I'm in no way suggesting that we do any changes to the appearance of
> the books before Deathlord comes out (or even anytime soon, for that
> matter), but I had an idea and wanted to explore it.

I remember ages ago the thought of skinnable gamebook pages was investigated,
but dropped due to a lack of time. BTW, is this being done via CSS?

This probably won't see the light of day for a while either. Actually, I just mocked it up as an image in Paint Shop Pro so I wouldn't spend time fiddling with CSS.

A couple of points: I guess the Section Numbers would go in the orange heading
part at the top of the page?

That's the idea.

The image is too close to the text (top and
bottom).

OK, I'll keep that in mind. Spacing will probably differ when actually implemented as XHTML + CSS.

Why are certain words highlighted in red?

Just to see how links would look on the page.

Also, since I'm running my
desktop in 1280x1024, there's an awful lot of blank space either side of the
text. While I do actually prefer the text being centralised on the window, I
wouldn't mind it being wider (though no more than 50% page width because of
eye-strain).

Completely agreed. The final product will probably be 50-100 pixels (25% - 50%) wider.

Also, on unrelated topics, the erratum for section 346 of TDoI should have the
word 'click' italicised,

and can you please send me Ian Page's E-mail address,
because I'm hammering out a draft contact E-mail as you requested. Sorted.

Thank you for taking this up. It'll take some research at another computer to find the address.