[projectaon] Re: Book Skin Doodle + Misc

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:39:47 +0100

Jonathan Blake wrote:

I know you're going to think "Why isn't he working on Deathlord?", but
if you can't have fun and follow up on an idea, why volunteer for
Project Aon?

Hey, why aren't you . . . :-p

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/jonathan/aon-branded-books/

I'm in no way suggesting that we do any changes to the appearance of
the books before Deathlord comes out (or even anytime soon, for that
matter), but I had an idea and wanted to explore it.

I remember ages ago the thought of skinnable gamebook pages was investigated, but dropped due to a lack of time. BTW, is this being done via CSS?

A couple of points: I guess the Section Numbers would go in the orange heading part at the top of the page? The image is too close to the text (top and bottom). Why are certain words highlighted in red? Also, since I'm running my desktop in 1280x1024, there's an awful lot of blank space either side of the text. While I do actually prefer the text being centralised on the window, I wouldn't mind it being wider (though no more than 50% page width because of eye-strain).

Also, on unrelated topics, the erratum for section 346 of TDoI should have the word 'click' italicised, and can you please send me Ian Page's E-mail address, because I'm hammering out a draft contact E-mail as you requested. Sorted.