[projectaon] Re: Book Skin Doodle

  • From: Iain Smith <iainsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 23:01:24 -0700 (PDT)

I had a hour free last night (albeit with a 3 week old on my lap) so decided to
play with
the CSS in an attempt to continue the experiment Jon started (see what you've
started,
Jon?).

Anyway, I took a page from FFTD and rejigged the HTML and CSS to see if I could
reproduce
the look and feel of the image Jon originally supplied.  The result is below.

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/iain/PageExperiment/Test01/sect131.htm

It's a fairly accurate representation of the original source image, and didn't
require a
massive number of changes to the HTML.  I basically had to move the navigation
to after
the copyright and rejig the divs, but that was about it.  The CSS required
several
changes but still follows the same flow as the original. The reproduction could
be
improved given time (something I didn't have much of), the curved corners could
be
reproduced using images.

Jon, was the original intent to split each section into multiple pages to
remove the need
to scroll the page vertically?  I wasn't able to do that without splitting the
HTML into
multiple pages so left it as a single page for now.  At least I've managed to
prove that
the layout could be changed quite easily if a decision (and also managed to
kill an hour
or so :)

Iain.

http://mail.yahoo.com