[projectaon] Re: Action Chart 3.0 Beta!!

  • From: Timothy Pederick <pederick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 01:00:29 +0800

On 3 June 2011 00:31, Eric Zollman <ericzollman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah your right. In the real world you can sometimes roll a 0 twice in a
> row. Maybe I can have it flip through 5 or 6 numbers real quick and then
> stop on the last one.

I was just going to suggest that. :-) It's a problem I've noticed with other
stats programs in the past -- you're never quite sure that the random
number's definitely been freshly generated if it hasn't changed. So some
sort of user feedback to say "rolling now... done" is important, I think.
And flicking through some numbers does the job -- it really gets across the
notion of "picking a random value".

It's not the only possible feedback; another idea would be to use a
"throbber" effect, like perhaps changing the background of the random number
area to a different colour, then fading it back to normal, or like
temporarily zooming in on it.

--
Tim Pederick