[projectaon] Re: A kai Lord's Suggestion

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ahmad_afiq@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:43:22 +0100

pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
Subject: A kai Lord's Suggestion

Hello there,

I'm Ahmad Afiq bin Noor Zainee Shah form Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and I'm sixteen
years old.

I am suggesting on, why not, we have annual Kai Lord convention, where all the
Kai Lords from all around the world (I mean the fans of Lone Wolf) can meet
each other and discuss on hoe to make the works of our idol, Joe Dever
everlasting. Moreover, I think that Project Aon is the only organisation that
could make this convention a reality since, Project Aon is the most obvious
organisation that tries to protect the existence of Joe Dever's works.(Now I
Could only read Dever's books through your efforts since I could not find the
books in any bookstores in Malaysia.

Thanks for your time to read my suggestion. If you want to make this convention
a reality, dont forget to send me the invitation letter!

Thank you very much.

Hi there, Afiq

Thank you for your interest in Project Aon. We're always pleased to hear from fans of Lone Wolf from around the world.

The idea of an annual Kai Lord Convention is a nice one, but unfortunately, very difficult to coordinate, and we at Project Aon are currently rather busy working on the rest of the books. Trying to hold an international convention would prove to be rather expensive, both to hire a location, and also to then travel to that location. Where should the convention be held, for example? England, the birthplace of Joe Dever, or America, where more Lone Wolf fans seem to live? And that's not taking into account the fans from Spain, Sweden, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, and elsewhere, who would all have to spend a lot of money travelling.

Of course, Lone Wolf fans do like meeting other fans from around the world, and that's why we set up our own forum here:

http://projectaon.proboards30.com/index.cgi

Although we cannot all meet in person, we can talk to each other around the world, which is the next best thing. There are also other Lone Wolf fan forums such as The Tower of the Sun:

http://www.towerofthesun.com/lonewolf/

Of course, perhaps in future there may be an international Lone Wolf Convention, so keep hoping for the best!

For Sommerlund and for the Kai!

Kind regards,

(on behalf of Project Aon)