[projectaon] Re: 03toz errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 21:30:22 +0000

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 at 07:32 Benjamin Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was just going back through 03toz and noticed one thing we may or may
not want to correct:

(??) 81: after what we did at Ciudad -> after what we did at Juarez

In American usage the name of Ciudad Juarez is only ever shortened to
Juarez, never to Ciudad. We could make the case that Cal, being from
California, isn't familiar with the city, but he was just hanging out with
3 soldiers from Fort Bliss and they would definitely have shortened the
name to Juarez.

That is rather odd. Correct my weak Spanish, but doesn't "ciudad" just mean
"city"?

Another possible correction that follows the usage elsewhere in the book is
to change it to "Ciudad Juarez". That's how it's named in every other case.