thanks for printer info

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blind-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 22:05:02 -0500

Thanks to all who forwarded printer networking info. I finally got it
working -- not hard at all, despite different instructions from 3 different
people, all correct.
Unfortunately, it works great for my hp printer, but my embosser, which is
old and does not have drivers that can be used on 64 bit, won't network
unless I install the drivers on the w7 machine.  But that's the whole
problem -- if I could have install the drivers on the new machine I wouldn't
have bothered networking in the first place.
So I will have to emboss manually by email.
But at least I have a public printer...*smile*
Thanks.
--le