Re: run install without admin rights

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:45:00 -0400

No, not that I know of. It's sort of the point that an administrator has to do volatile things like installation and uninstallation to a system. If you lost your admin password, that can be fixed. If you're not supposed to have admin rites to begin with, well, you'll have to blackmail your IT personnel or something.

JW

On 6/9/2009 2:03 PM, rick watson wrote:

Good afternoon listers,

Is there a way to run a software uninstall and reinstall without administrator privs on an xp pro system.

I want to download an update from a web site as an self-extracting zip and uninstall the old version and reinstall the new version (the one just downloaded)

Thanks for any advice

Rick