problems moving to 64 bit

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blind-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:50:33 -0500

Hi all --
I'm taking care to get correct software and drivers for my new 64 bit
windows7 machine, but I noticed some disturbing glitches.
I took my thumb drive to get jaws 64 bit binary over to set up there, and
when it was done installing, I went to authorize it, using the txt file I
copied along with the binary. But when I opened that file in notepad on the
new machine, it showed no text.
So does this mean data also needs to be updated to work on 64 bits? This
seems ridiculous to me, as so much depends on exchanging character data.
Anyway, anyone please enlighten.
I'm also kind of annoyed at the amount of typing I have to do to get windows
to shutdown on windows7.  Is there an easy shortcut to get to the shutdown
button on the desktop? I have tabbed and arrowed but haven't encountered it.
Other than that I am liking the layout.
--le