RE: learning Drupal

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:53:10 -0400

Hi,
O'reilly is the publisher of the Using Drupal book.

Also see
http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/41479?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9rZXl3b3JkPWRydXBhbCY%3D
 if you are a Bookshare member. I read that book, and it's pretty good. Keep in
mind as you read it that it was written when Drupal 6 first came out, so some
of what it says is just a little dated. That said, though, it teaches the
Drupal concepts well.

Also, the handbooks at http://www.drupal.org are getting much better over time.
When you go there, I recommend that you sign up for an account, then activate
the documentation link. Furthermore, I feel that as you read through the
documentation that you avoid taking the many detours that it is possible to
take, at least the first time through. With Drupal, it's a very good idea to
get a feel for how the overall system works before you dive in and start
working with it. I learned that from hard experience.

Thanks.

Jim
Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility
blog<http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>. Discuss
accessibility
here<http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/default.aspx>.
Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility
advice<http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/Accessibility%20Wiki/Forms/AllPages.aspx>

On 2010-08-16, at 7:30 AM, prateek aggarwal wrote:

hello,

a new project coming to me requires me to work on CMS based softwares,
possibly, drupal.

since i have been working more with code and database parts, i haven't
dealt with CMS based softwares much as of now.

does someone have a good book for me to learn drupal?

i'm beginner on it, so will require a book that's suitable on the context.

please share if you have a good book of drupal for me to learn how to
work on drupal.

many thanks.

regards,
prateek agarwal.