interfacing between objective c and c/c++?

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 10:01:08 -0600

Hello all,
I am working on an application I'd like to write a port for the mac for.
I have a quick question. I don't wish to write the main core of the program in objective c, but I will have frontentds that wrap around the core for windows, mac and linux. I assume I can just include the header files and make calls to the c functions from objective c? I suppose I could also use java, once I learn more of it for the GUI; how easy is it to call c functions or imbed a c library in java (if at all possible)?
Thanks,
Ty