help with jaws and windows seven?

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:21:00 -0600

Hello all,
I have a few questions.
I'm used to going directly to my start menu, and hitting say, w for wimamp.
Now in seven (Transitioning from xp to seven), w or any other letter puts me in
some search box.
I just used s for shutdown, and I got lots of weird results, none of them
having to do with shutdown. Is there a way to like... fix this start menu?
Also, I have a dell, and for whatever reason my f1-f12 keys don't work, so
things like ins+f11, alt+f4, ins+f12 and that don't work. Is there a way to fix
this?
Any accessibility tips people can give me for seven would be great.
Thanks,
Ty