RE: freeing up disk space

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 18:11:54 -0500

To make outlook not download from server or leave email on server. you have to do it from the account setting. Got to tools menu, accounts, click on the account want to work on, then change or view settings. Then it will have more... button. That will bring up more tab menus and you want advanced. Your server settings for download are there and check email is in general. To have it delete any files you will find that in tools menu, options in maintenance.

At 02:32 PM 2/3/2011, you wrote:
Hi,
I have related questions. How do you get rid of Outlook (not express) data files? And I have Outlook set up to download my mail from the server, but I want to start it and tell it not to do that. Can I add something to the command line to do this? I want to start it up and turn off the automatic downloading from the server and not have it download my mail even on this time around, since I haven't used it for a very long time and expect it to download thousands of messages.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients, Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility here. Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility advice