Re: foreign keys deppending on two different tables in mysql

  • From: Jim Dunleavy <jim.dunleavy@xxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:12:28 +0100

Hi Marlon,

You could write a SQL function that returns a value dependant
on the existance of records in table a or b.
Then you could add a "check constraint" to table c e.g.:
alter table c add constraint c_check check (myfunc(altid) > 0);

Older versions of MySQL don't have user-defined SQL functions though.

HTH

--Jim

HTH

--Jim