createing a client with a core and cross-platform gui

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 14:33:46 -0700

Hello all,
I have a quick question: I am developing a client-server app, and I want the client to run on windows, Linux and Mac. So here was y idea: I will develop the core in c++, then just use whatever library I want to per OS and compile it for that. So I'll have different "gui" folders that will hold the code for each separate gui, and then when I compile on anything I'll just include that into the project I'm compiling. Is this a viable solution? Are there other ways to do what I want?

Ty