Re: asp.net help required

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 06:27:53 -0500

Hi: It sounds like you do not have a good handle on how the IDE works. OK, so you created a page and in the form element you added a couple of text boxes and a button. Now, you need to get into the Properties Window for that button. Then you can tab around the Properties window until you find the tool bar that has the buttons to view the properties or the events for the button control you are viewing in the Properties Window. you cursor to the events button and click it or hit enter on it. You then get a list of events you can hit enter on, one of them being the Click Event. After you hit enter on the event you want you will be placed into the code behind code, Vb.net or CSharp, for that Click Event. That is where you would code your if statement. You would do an if statement to check the value of the MyButton.Text field and then move whatever you want displayed into the second box into MySecondBox.Text field. Processing will complete after you are done with that subroutine and the response, the updated Texyt Box will be sent back to your Client Internet Explorer? for viewing and further browsing. The key here is to get into the properties window for that button control. You can do it as I described earlier or you can just bring up the Properties window while in the Designer and then tab to the list of conytrols on that page. You can then select the button control from the drop down list, tab back to the Properties table, past it to the tool bar and then cursor to the Events button on that tool bar. I am telling you that building webpages is not as simple, allthough more accessible, than working on a Winforms Application. There is allot of complex concepts like Session State that you need to address once you get past the most simple applications. You should really read some tutorials on the subject if you plan on working in ASP.net. You can get started, perhaps more easily, just using native html and a text Editor like Notepad if you want to do simple things and learn to use html, css and JavaScript to build pages. Using ASP.net is really the next step up and is more of a massive IDE based productivity tool rather than a good learning tool.In fact, 90 percent of what you build in VWD, Visual Studio for the Web, will be automatically converted into native html, css and JavaScript for you before your page is actually run in a browser. There are simple step by step tutorials out there and you should read and walk through them. If you use mine please note that they got a little messed up since they were developed for a single user and taylored on the fly to some things he wanted to explore so they got a little out of sync but all the accessibility, database and UI components as well as binding and some session explanations are valid and worked. Also, there are hot keys that work will for doing things like getting into the Properties Window, Navigating around it and the rest of the IDE and much more about using the VWD IDE with a screen reader.

Later and good luck.
Rick USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "ishaq muhammad" <sendmailtoishaq@xxxxxxxxx>