Re: accessible bios thoughts

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:02:57 -0700

please do, smile

elf
----- Original Message ----- From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:30 AM
Subject: re: accessible bios thoughts

A converter with a video card plug on one end and a serial connector on
the other end hooking up a video card and a hardware speech synthesizer
(if necessary installing an older video card in a computer) ought to get
access to bios and everything else on a system.  I think it would be a
dvi to serial converter.  These may not yet be on the market, but I can
ask an electronics expert about it probably tonight and get an answer as
to its feasibility.  What has me puzzled is why hardware synthesizer
manufacturers didn't just supply a tap to be hooked to the video card
that would catch all output and the other end of the tap could have the
monitor plugged in.  Some electronics which when it got a start up
signal from a computer could respond by sending the codes to the
computer to let the computer know what kind of usb monitor is on this
port even though no usb monitor is on this port and that could be in a
tap arrangement out to a usb to serial converter that hooked into a
hardware speech synthesizer for speech probably ought to be possible to
make.