Re: Could we organize to mentor new blind coders?

  • From: Florian-achtige <florianbeijers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 09:02:25 +0200

Hi,

I myself kind of like the ideas proposed here.
I mean, sure. The list is great and has answered a lot of questions
for me but I sometimes run into a scenario described earlier in this
thread, where it was said that for every question answered, two more
pop up.
That's my current situation on objective-C and cocoa development on
the mac. There's a system to do autolayouts in xCode 3, but there's
only a couple of people who actually use it much and they appear to be
quite busy. I have asked repeatedly for realtime help but cannot get
any further then mailinglist traffic and for this that simply is not
enough for me to grasp some concepts. This kind of problem could be
lessened a great deal already if something like an IRC channel or a
teamtalk server would be available where people can help eachother in
realtime, maybe even talk people through a process and getting
feedback from their speech. I've done that before on Skype when I was
giving tech support and found this approach to work quite well.

Florian