Re: XAMPP, WAMP under Windows Accessibility and Features

  • From: "TJ McElroy" <raider.59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:09:03 -0500

Hi,

  I have not used wamp in a while, but I do use xamp.

  The biggest thing to keep in mind is that you want to have the same version
of php and perl on your testing xamp machine as the server that will eventually
be running your site.

  As for accessibility, xamp is primarily apache and is setup with a text file.

  I have not used phpMyAdmin on my windows machine, a program that makes
creating and managing myself data bases easier and that is the only "ui" that I
can think of involved with xamp.

php can handle all of the mySQL functions so there is no real reason to use
phpMyAdmin other than speed.

xamp is not one program.
it is a couple programs running together to provide the final product.

here is a list of the main programs in my xamp setup:

apache  http server
php
perl
mySQL data base