Re: Windows 7

  • From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:16:49 -0400

I had the 64-bit version for a couple months, with the latest version of jaws
pro. Mostly it worked, but some things were strange, like the task bar. Mainly
I got rid of it because of problems either installing or registering programs,
but jaws was also annoying, mostly because it refused to stay activated; I
ended up using System Access To Go a lot, which also worked reasonably well,
better than jaws in some cases. NVDA also played a minor role in the adventure,
but ESpeak drives me insane so I tried to not use it. I think things will be
better with the rummored jaws11 release later this year.

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx