Re: Visual studio 2008 question

  • From: Varun Khosla <varun.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:56:05 +0530

Hi,
you can add an existing file to a project from the project menu Add
Existing Item ...
However to add a file to a solution and not to a project, there's one
way I know: first you must have at least two projects in the solution
so that you can select the actual solution node in the solution
explorer tree view, after selecting the solution node, press
application key and navigate to Add sub menu where you will have both
the options — for adding new/existing item (file) to the solution and
not to a particular project. This will create a separate folder in the
solution explorer named Solution Items.

thanks

On 6/24/09, DaShiell, Jude T.  CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26
<jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why no option to add a file to an existing solution in the file-> add->
> menu?  I can save the iching.vb file to anywhere else on my computer but
> not inside of a solution folder.  At least that's what appears to be the
> case from the menu choices.
>

> Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>

Varun