Re: Vinux from Debian 5.0.7?

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 12:55:36 -0600

Kerneels,

Please keep in mind:

Vinux has 2 versions out right now.  One is long -term release, the
other is more recent.  Maverick is the more recent and it is Vinux
3.1.  It was made available about 2 or 3 weeks ago.  3.0 is based on
Lucid Lynx.  it is the one I personally use but it doesn't have the
newest bells and whistles of Ubuntu 10.10.  I am very stability-driven
so, I am not bothered by this.  I like to wait a while before I
upgrade to the latest and greatest.  So, there are two versions to
pick from:  3.1 based on Maverick and 3.0 based on Lucid.

Alex M