Re: VWD Stylesheet Caching problem

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:34:55 -0400

Hi:
Tried it, no go. The Stylesheet.css file works perfectly when I use it in a StandAlone Page. It is when I try and use it with a Master Page / Content Page senerio. I just tried putting an output directive in the Content Page twith the Location set to none but that did nothing. I tried to put it in the Master Page but got a validation error, VWD does not allow it. I tried using a theme but it acted in the same manner. If I had not already spent allot of time to build a specialized Login in a content Placeholder in the upper right corner of the master page I would scrap the whole garbage. But the login, status and registration all appear in a nice corner of the master page and that took some work. Also, I would have to include it and the navigation menu on all pages, what a friggn mess, thanks Microsoft, can't you ever get anything to work in a straight forward manner? Anyway, I've been on this all day, since about 4:00 this morning and I'm giving up for the night. Hope I hear from someone who knows how to use Master Pages and cSs. I don't remember this problem in VS 2005.
I hope someone has an idea.
Rick Farmington Mich. USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>