Re: Suggestions for new fruit basket samples

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:37:05 -0400

Hi Everett,
No, I do not think there is such a sample yet.

I also ment to mention that, as far as I know, all the samples currently posted are public domain, so anyone should feel free to modify or port an existing sample.

Yet another way of contributing would be to give a step-by-step example of how to deploy source code via Subversion or GIT. Someone could take an existing sample and show how to create a project on a hosting site such as,,, or

On 8/15/2010 10:10 AM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
Good morning Jamal,

Is there an example using WAI-ARIA?

Everett Zufelt

Follow me on Twitter

View my LinkedIn Profile

On 2010-08-15, at 9:36 AM, Jamal Mazrui wrote:

I think the fruit basket project

is a valuable resource for blind programmers. Since it is almost
exclusively Windows-focused at present, let me encourage additional
samples on other platforms as follows:

* A sample that runs under the Gnome desktop of Linux, accessible with
the Orca screen reader. Although some of the Windows samples might run
on Linux, e.g., the wxPython one, it would still be helpful to include
information and configuration files for deployment on Linux, so that a
developer has a good example of both development and deployment there.
For example, it might show how to use a standard package manager on
Linux, both from a deployment and installation perspective.

* Similar arguments for a Mac sample, accessible with VoiceOver.

* Similar arguments for a Symbian or Windows Mobile sample, accessible
with Mobile Speak or Talks.

* Similar arguments for an Android sample, accessible with whatever
speech tools are now available there.

* A sample that is deployed with Google App Engine.

* An Adobe Flex sample.

* A Microsoft Silverlight sample.