RE: Story Boards

  • From: "Lloyd Rasmussen" <lras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:19:05 -0400

It would take you considerable time to study and renegotiate the terms of
your project.  But I would recommend studying SMIL, the synchronized
multimedia integration language, at www.w3.org .  It can represent parallel
and sequential time-based presentations of text, audio and video.  I would
think that the content of a storyboard could be expressed quite well in this
language.  It can specify the layout of the presentation.  It is a very
complicated and flexible specification, which is probably why it is only
partially implemented bya few players.  You could do a project on why only
digital talking books have adopted it.  Version 2 is the current spec;
version 3 is nearing completion.

I also thought that Adobe Flash presentations were written in a language
called ActionScript.  Underneath the IDE's for these programs there is
likely to be some text.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls