Re: "Sticking" buttons to the Right Margin

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:55:22 -0400

That sounds like such a basic thing. I find it incredulous that Visual Studio can grow controls automatically but can not maintain a constant right margin! I suppose I can handle writing code to tweak these positions for the two events you mentioned. They have so many properties like margin and dock that sound like they should take care of this, I thought I was just getting confused between how to set the correct combination. However, if I manually set the placement of the "Perform OCR" button, I would probably need to go back and readjust the position of the "Browse..." button and readjust the size of the "Filename" text edit field as well. As I consider this, I should need to subtract 14 from the x location properties of these two buttons and from the x size of the text box after the standard code is executed for resize events. Do the event handlers you mentioned get performed after the normal processing, before the normal processing, or do I need to explicitly call the normal event processing within my event handlers?

Don Marang