"Sticking" buttons to the Right Margin

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:24:03 -0400

In my QuickOCR Visual Basic .Net application I wrote in Visual Studio 2008, I
have not been able to get the right side alignment correct.  My last message
had a little better description of the application.  I have the source code and
more information available at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/marangs/QuickOCR.html

My design layout issue is that the original, and I think minimum size of the
main window is 450 x 500.  I want it expandable to the full size of the screen
if necessary.  When expanded I want the "Perform OCR" and "Exit" buttons to
stick to the right side of the window, while retaining a 14 pt spacing between
the button and the right side of the window.  I also want the Text "Results"
rich text box and the "Filename" text vbox to grow as well.   These boxes grow
properly, but I have the same problem with the rich text box as with the
buttons.  As the window grows, these controls get jammed up against the right
side of the window.  So far the location and size properties have been
calculated to provide the correct spaceing when set the designed size.  How
should this be accomplished?  I have randomly attempted to use other settings,
but have not ran across the right combination.

Don Marang