SSI and Time Display

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nfb-web@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 16:13:35 -0500

Good afternoon everyone,

    I recently began using Server-Side Includes on one of the sites I
manage, but need to modify how the time is displayed. Below is the tag I
included on the site home page to display the current date and time to
visitors, but the time is given in Military format. Here is the SSI tag I
used:
 <!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->

    My next trick is to reformat the time so instead of the user seeing:
: Saturday, 26-Jul-2008 16:00:08 CDT.

    I want the line to read:
: Saturday, 26-Jul-2008 4:07:08 P.M. CDT

    If anyone has a modified version of this tag that will display the time
in the format I want I'll appreciate that a lot. I'd also like equivalent
tags in PHP as well. Thanks for your help.

Peter Donahue

"And when from bondage we're extricated. Our former memories will fade from
mind."
Morton Bay: As performed by John Denver