Re: SQL Management Studio Automation

  • From: "Punit Diwan" <punitdiwan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:12:00 -0500

Thanks  Jamal,     It really Helps.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: SQL Management Studio Automation

The full (not Express) versions of Visual Studio include a COM server
called the "extensibility model" -- Google for that term.  I suspect,
but do not know, that the full version of SQL Management Studio can also
be controlled by COM automation in this way, since it shares the code
base of VS.  That, by the way, is why the JAWS scripts are loaded in SQL
Management Studio.  The scripts are associated with an executable called
msenv.exe, wich that program also seems to run.  You could probably add
code to the AutoStartEvent of the scripts to check for the window title
and switch to another script set.

Hope this helps,
Jamal