Re: Python Clearing the Screen and Setting Position

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 09:12:10 -0600

On 9/24/2011 8:57 AM, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
import os

os.system('cls')

uh. I'd avoid using os.system to run commands like that. That and it doesn't really set the cursor position. Better luck next time.

Jamal

On 9/24/2011 9:43 AM, Rich De Steno wrote:
In reading the various Python tutorials, I cannot find a way to clear
the screen and set the cursor at a specific position on the screen for a
print statement. I was able to do this easily in C with a clear screen
command and the gotoxy command to set the cursor at an X, Y position. Is
there a way to do this in Python?

Take care,
Ty
Web: http://tds-solutions.net
The Aspen project: a light-weight barebones mud engine
http://code.google.com/p/aspenmud

Sent from my toaster.