Puzzling behaviour

  • From: "Ian D. Nichols" <inich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:12:47 -0500

Hi Listers,

I have a puzzling situation that I cannot figure out.  This is C++, using a
Borland command-line compiler, Windows XP SP3, and JAWS 9.

The following line compiles just fine, unless it is one of the methods in a
class.  Dlg1Proc is also a method of the class.

int Result = DialogBoxParam (hInstance, "Dialog1", hWnd, (DLGPROC)Dlg1Proc, 0);

It does not wrap in the source file.

If the 2 methods are in a class, the error message says that the local method
must be called or its address taken.

It would be much more convenient for me if it would work in the class.  Does
anyone have any idea why it won't, and what my options are?

TIA.

Ian

Ian D. Nichols,
Toronto, Canada