RE: OO Terminology Hang-up

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 07:11:26 -0500

Nod for example one thing many companies do to get a product out is create a
class call something like mQuickList.  Then they use all the stl libraries
and inherit the functionality from them.  We all know, while the stl is
better now, it's still not the fastest way to do things for certain
problems.  Also it is bloated and you get all kinds of stuff you don't need.
Same goes for the container classes in MSVC++.  But the company is trying to
get a product out so they use them.  Now version 2.0 comes along and hacker
Jane has time to go in and write 5 quick list methods and remove the
dependency on the List that they are really using along with a better memory
manager and blam the product just improved because there were no changes
needed in the main code.

Ken