Re: Now available - SSIP for Windows version 1.6 beta

  • From: "Valiant \(on laptop\)" <valiant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:07:38 -0500

Hi.
What is SSIP/
Thanks
----- Original Message ----- From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 10:29 AM
Subject: RE: Now available - SSIP for Windows version 1.6 beta

Marlon,
At this particular stage, I have not released the source for the server itself. Am still working on some fine tuning of the protocol handling and insuring the server stability. Want to make sure the core package is solid before opening it up for enhancements and contributions by others on the server side. This may be a little counter productive to the over all project as other, more experienced C# programmers on the list may, in fact, be able to assist in working through some of the fine tuning items. However, I want to place myself in the position of having to research answers for some of these initial issues myself in order to gain a better understanding of the environment and how to address issues.

The server source will be provided in the package at some point soon just not quite yet. I am interested in a speech implementation for ESpeak as well but am, at the moment, working through things like socket exception handling, line termination characters and command line validation of arguments.