Re: Making braille display working with a particular application

  • From: "QuentinC" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:28:28 +0200

Alex, I'm sorry, but I don't know where do you get that BrailleString function. My JFWAPI.DLL has only three functions : JFWSayString, JFWStopSpeech and JFWRunScript. And the last one don't take any parameter except the script name, so I can't call a jaws script function taking a parameter.

Here are their prototypes as defined in jfwapi.h (but simplified) :
BOOL WINAPI JFWSayString (LPCTSTR stringToSpeak, BOOL interruptBeforeSpeak) ;
BOOL WINAPI JFWStopSpeech (void) ;
BOOL WINAPI JFWRunScript (LPCTSTR scriptName) ;

Do you have a more recent one which has it ? In this case, where can I get it ? My JFWAPI.DLL file is 29KB and I have another one 44KB but it has the same functions.

P.S. I don't understand any python, I don't like that language because of his obligation to indent. My languages are : C/C++ with MinGW/GCC 3.4.5, or java 6U20 with JNA to access DLLs.