Re: Looking At Python Programming

  • From: David Tseng <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 16:02:22 -0700

As another aside, it's not difficult to write a script (given whatever
screen reader you're using) to announce the indentation of a given
body of text.  Just override the say line (prev, current, next) and do
the preprocessing to calculate the space/tabs indent before speaking
the line's contents.

With that said, not sure why no one's pointed out that Jaws comes with
such a feature already:
Jaws-v,
type "indent"
toggle indent to "indicate".

Sucha feature exists in other screen readers as well.

Finally, though I've not used it, EdSharp and something called the
settings packager contains this so beloved but mysterious
SoundsForStuff sound scheme.  Not sure why all the folks on list who
use EdSharp haven't piped up about this, but there you go.
http://empowermentzone.com/EdSharp.htm