Java tts

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:19:44 -0800

I was out browsing around and found this class which I think is very
interesting.  In its current state it gives out a sam like speech and allows
you to change the media files that goes with it so if your really interested
you could probably record your own phonemes and see if you could make your
own voice a speech synth.  This of course is only a really simple speech
talker class but for those interested in tts its kind of cool.  Here is the
web link.  I got it to work pretty easily in Windows.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-08-2001/jw-0817-javatalk.html

Ken