Java SDK

  • From: "Stephen W. Wise" <bvitech1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 01:40:12 -0400

 Hello listers,
I am running a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit system running JAWS 11.0 and was interested in learning what I need to do to see if the Java access bridge I installed by hand as instructed on the website for 64 bit OS's for the JDK 6 update 20 is functioning correctly. It has been a bit of time since I have used the Access bridge and the JDK so I can't remember where I go from here...I am assuming that the compiler is included with the JDK but what about a code editor? I suppose I will need to use Eclipse for that? I am somewhat new to Java-well-put it another way, I've studied code but haven't written any yet...and don't know where to begin or what I need-I assumed I need to install the Access bridge to start off with.

TIA,
Steve