J2me: PRODUCING A VALID JAR FILE

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 07:19:46 +0530

Hi all,

Has anyone done any programming using j2me? I believe I have got everything
set up correctly using eclipse and j2me. Unfortunately, the jar file that I
am producing using the "package" option is invalid that is, my Nokia E51
tells me that the jar file that I am trying to install onto it is invalid. I
have not been able to get the emulator to work either. Does anyone know what
I could be doing wrong?

I have used the setup instructions at the following link.
http://www.javamidlet.com/2008/01/18/how-to-setup-eclipse-for-mobile-java-de
velopment.html

the application and Britain is a simple hello world programme. I have taken
the source code from the following link.
http://sprintdevelopers.com/node/9
Pranav