RE: Installing Visual Studio 2008 Pro Question

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:58:31 -0400

Let's see, the set we used had mostly visual studio 2005 disks in it
since you have to install that first then install the visual studio 2008
upgrade disk.  For an x86 system, on disk one assuming your Cd drive is
d: do the run command and run d:\setup and that'll get you started on
disk one.  You'll finish with disk 2 and if you want to put all of it
on, run d:\setup again on disk 5 and the system will when finished ask
you to insert disk 6.  That'll get mssql professional on.  The next disk
in the set to do d:\setup with is disk 9 and that'll put msdn on for
you.  That'll take you up all the way through disk 11.  Next put disk 12
in and run d:\setup and that'll install the 2008 upgrade for you.  Next
with the disk still in the drive, do a run command like d:\msdn\setup
and install your 2008 msdn upgrades.  When I installed all of this I put
all of the database components on the system and used the system's
internal account.  Once all of that's done do programs->  visual studio
2008 and then run   visual studio in that folder.  What I did next I'm
not sure if it was correct or not.  *I chose general development
settings and had the system configure itself.  With good luck someone
else will have those accessibility answers for us.  One thing I did
discover is the jaws verbosity settings were set with at least one
problem.  The graphics setting needs to be changed from all to labeled
graphics or the jaws user will soon go nuts.  Other settings in there
appear good.

Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>