RE: Help Understanding DTD (Document Type Definition)

  • From: "Rasmussen, Lloyd" <lras@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:43:56 -0400

I'm not sure that <span> is allowed within <pre> elements.  So the behavior
when this occurs may not be well defined.  I don't know whether a stylesheet is
associated with this page (I didn't go and examine it), nor the effect of your
browser's default stylesheet when one is notloaded by the HTML.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the
Library of Congress, NLS.