Eclipse! Don't we all?

  • From: Florian-achtige <florianbeijers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:28:46 +0100

Hi,

I am a complete supermega-newbie when it comes to eclipse.
I am just about to get my feet wet with it and was wondering, what am
i supposed to know about it? Mostly I'm interested in accessibility
tips/quirks/features/bugs/any other tidbit thats known.
Is there some place I should go for info about eclipse in general,
whats a good getting started tutorial? I am willing to rtfm if i know
where the m is xd.
Lastly, what version of eclipse should i be grabbing? I plan to mainly
do java coding and perhaps some python later. But i hear talk of
galileo, helios .....what do i grab?
Also, i see the swt packages are being offered for download separately
but aren't they supposed to be included in the eclipse distribution?

Ok ...I think that's all my questions for now :D

Thanks for any help you guys can provide,
Florian