Re: Developing with a netbook

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 00:51:35 -0700

I just got myself a
Acer Aspire One netbook, which is almost the same thing as the Asus Eee 900HA , and I could do light to medium development on either of them, it's win XP, which works, It will take the .net environments, I have 3.5 on mine since it is set up for my light programming needs since its my travel companion comp, has a 1.6 GHz atom processor, this is the only "sore point" its enough to do the job, but you will notice the slowness, and I have a Gb of ram, enough for again light to medium development abilities.

I haven't installed VB.net express as of yet but I can do so and let you know if I run into any troubles .

but anything with similar statistics should work alright.

HTH,
the elf
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sauro Cesaretti" <saurocesaretti1983@xxxxxxxxx>