Re: Debugging programs.

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:19:25 -0300

It seen that you did not compiled ypour program with debug
informations so the debugger was not able to show you the code point
where the bug probably ocurred. I don't know the djgpp interface but
you should find what switch includes debug info in the code. The g++
use the -g switch to do that.
Marlon

2007/9/11, Graham Hardy <graham.hardy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all - Do any of you have suggestions as to strategies for learning and
> using debuggers? I have attempted to use gdb for the first time (the one
> that came with DJGPP), but I found that it would always reference points in
> the assembly- or machine-code, which I was not able to relate to the source
> at all. Is there something I need to do in order to link the source code to
> the debugging session? And I won't even allude to how much it hated
> backslash characters in path names instead of slashes, and to how long it
> took me to realise what THAT problem was all about.
>
> Graham.

free."
Linus Torvalds