Debugging programs.

  • From: "Graham Hardy" <graham.hardy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:38:55 -0700

Hi all - Do any of you have suggestions as to strategies for learning and
using debuggers? I have attempted to use gdb for the first time (the one
that came with DJGPP), but I found that it would always reference points in
the assembly- or machine-code, which I was not able to relate to the source
at all. Is there something I need to do in order to link the source code to
the debugging session? And I won't even allude to how much it hated
backslash characters in path names instead of slashes, and to how long it
took me to realise what THAT problem was all about.

Graham.