Re: Daisy/Dtbook/OPF simple example

  • From: "Arnold Bailey" <arnoldbail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 07:32:55 -0400

I'd like to create an mp3 file that is staandalone. I'd want to listen to it
on the PC.

I mentioned AMIS because it was one of the open source tools used for
playback that was on the daisy list. I'm starting with an  MS Word/Open
Office document that has a TOC and a number of chapters. Pretty small (just
to test). I want the user to be able to listen to the TOC and navigate, with
bookmarks through the file.  Ifelt that AMIS could be used to playback with
navigation.

Do I need an authoring tool? I began to look at Urakawa OBI which is also
open source. Is this what I need?

Arnold