Context Shell Menus

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 01:16:53 -0400

I do not know if this is an easy thing to program in Windows 7 and Visual Basic
.Net.  I would like to add a shell context menu for one of my programs within
Windows Explorer.  It would be an additional item in the menu.  If selected, I
would like it to pass the filename to my Windows Forms program.

I guess the first question should be, is it possible to add command line
arguments to a Windows Forms application?

Is this possible for mere mortals like myself.  Or is this too much  to ask?
Has this process changed much since XP and Vista?  I seemed to remember it
being fairly easy in XP to customize these menus by the average user.

Don Marang