Re: CSS and Audio Media Types

  • From: "Ricks Place" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:27:07 -0400

Hi Jim:
Well, I found some folks who are willing to use the current standards. But, I
am not going to tell them to ReWrite their code because the various factions in
the Accessibility Community either do not agree on who should do what or
because they figure that everyone else should conform to their particular
technological whims. Which one should a Web Developer use? It all depends on
the particular application. Ya, sure, the next page I put up I will ask all the
screen reader companies which particular html code I can or can not use for my
page. Then I will study how the various browsers work and how to work with all
the various audio processing software. Then I will write code to work with all
the audio browsers and all the individual screen reader companies software.
Then, if there is time I will use whatever is left of the new html and css code
to try and create a web page. Sure, I will spend 10 times the time and money
required to develop my page so a handful of blind folks can use it. And, if it
changes , or anything changes in the accessibility community, I will ReWrite
all my code and chance breaking it for the 90 percent of non audio users.
Right. Sure, I'll do that - not.
Rick USA