Announcing the Historical Access Preservation Project

  • From: Tyler Spivey <tspivey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gw-info@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:13:39 -0700

Hello,
I have started a new project, the Historical Access Preservation Project, or HAPP. The website is at:
http://allinaccess.com/happ
The goal of this project is to preserve the software needed to access older systems that are no longer in wide mainstream use, such as DOS, Macintosh pre-OSX, and OS/2.
Also included would be hardware devices such as the Braille 'N Speak.
So far, I'm looking for archives and information. Software archives that I can sort through and put what I can on the sight, and information such as documentation and current contact addresses of companies that may still be selling their applications, or may be willing to make them freeware/open source.

Any help that could be provided for this project would be appreciated.

Please forward this to anyone that might benefit from it

- Tyler