RE: An SQL 92 question

  • From: Rodney Haynie <RodneyH@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:17:05 -0500

Charles, I have only one more suggestion.  You may have already done this but
here it goes:

Have you tried using the old ALT+acsii value, way of entering a ascii value.

For example, you wanted the form feed.  So you would make sure number lock is
on, and press and hold ALT and type 012
That would put a character on the screen that is representative of the Form
Feed.  Of course you would position your cursor at the point you want the form
feed before  typing ALT+012.  (Again, 012 on the number pad.)

You said you are using a screen reader, you will have to tell the screen reader
to not listen while typing in the hotkey.  Insert + 3 if you are using JAWS,
and then type the hotkey.

If this works, I would probably set the value to a variable and use the
variable in all the places you need it.  Otherwise, when you are reading your
code later, you won't know what character is at that exact point.

Anyway, good luck.

HTH.
Rodney