RE: An SQL 92 question

  • From: Charles_Davis@xxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:48:35 -0500

Actually, that is effectively what I was referring to when I mentioned
putting ANSI12 between the apostrophes.  It does not affect the output at
all.

Thanks,
Charles

Rodney Haynie <RodneyH@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/05/2007 10:17 AM
Please respond to
programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: An SQL 92 question

Charles, I have only one more suggestion.  You may have already done this
but here it goes:

Have you tried using the old ALT+acsii value, way of entering a ascii
value.

For example, you wanted the form feed.  So you would make sure number lock
is on, and press and hold ALT and type 012
That would put a character on the screen that is representative of the
Form Feed.  Of course you would position your cursor at the point you want
the form feed before  typing ALT+012.  (Again, 012 on the number pad.)

You said you are using a screen reader, you will have to tell the screen
reader to not listen while typing in the hotkey.  Insert + 3 if you are
using JAWS, and then type the hotkey.

If this works, I would probably set the value to a variable and use the
variable in all the places you need it.  Otherwise, when you are reading
your code later, you won’t know what character is at that exact point.

Anyway, good luck.

HTH.
Rodney